Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jamie's 1st Trip Out-of-State

Three years and three months (plus or minus a few days) after notification that I passed the NY bar exam, I finally got sworn into the NY State Bar.  This meant that I didn't have to retake the exam and, more importantly, my mom and Danny didn't have to murder me as they threatened to do if I let my eligibility lapse.  This also meant that Jamie got to take his first trip to NY and spend his first night in a hotel since I had to go to Albany for the character & fitness interview and swearing-in.  We had a very nice little trip which would only have been improved upon had Jamie not had a cold so we could have gotten more sleep.

 Daddy and Jamie sleeping in while I got ready to head to the convention center.  I wasn't jealous at all...  Thanks to Auntie Kat for the port-a-crib which is just out of the photo!

 This is an update of my favorite Daddy & Jamie photo from our 1st blog post.  He has grown so much in 12 weeks!

Daddy and Jamie rushed over from the hotel after my interview for the swearing-in ceremony that lasted less than 5 minutes.  In fact, the whole process took less than an hour, including wait time, while our drive took 6 hours round-trip.  Thank goodness Jamie is a good traveler so far! 


We stopped at a whiskey distillary in the Catskills on our way home and had lunch at a historic gristmill-turned-restaurant.  We even got some free babysitting since the waitresses wanted to hold Jamie :).

 A mill has to be on a river, of course. 

 Jamie looks like such a big boy in some photos, and still so little in others.


No comments:

Post a Comment